Author

Hello all, we are now in March, 2012... 'RizMum' blog sure is getting slower now, but as promised I will try my best to keep on going... and its been awhile now since my last post (T_T) and to update this took me almost a year, anyhow, this will be my final year so you guys know how it is when the big "E" comes. So guys, see you in my next post and keep on SHREDDING!!!! And as always please feel free to drop a suggestion/ideas via e-mail, Thanks

Sunday 21 February 2010

Katsu Ohta


Name: Katsu Ohta
Born: Unknown

Profile: One of Japanese Neo-classical guitarist and metal shredders of all time, ofter dubbed the Japanese "Malmsteen" due to his scalloped Fender 70's Startocaster.

History: Started to play guitar in his early teens due after seeing the magnetic performance of Jimi Hendrix which became his biggest influenced. He even told in an interview "One of my uncles gave me a real old trashy classical guitar and that was the start". Currently he is now a member of a Japanese metal band "Ark Storm".

Influences: Jimi Hendrix, Uli Jon Roth (Scorpions), Ritchie Blackmore (Deep Purple) and Yngwie Malmsteen.

Axology: Fender 70's Stratocaster, 1978 Marshall 100 watt, DOD and Tube Screamer by Ibanez.

Link(s):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QPz9xMUAGE

No comments: